Preparation time: 5 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups (packed) fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 7 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Coat a 15cm by 30cm ceramic or glass baking dish with oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and the spinach. Cook until the spinach is cooked down and bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Pour off any extra liquid from the mushrooms.
- Spread the mushroom and spinach mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spoon the salsa over top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Pour the eggs over the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle the green onions over the top.
- Bake until the eggs are set and starting to turn light golden brown, about 25 minutes. Test the eggs by poking a small sharp knife into the middle of the eggs. It should come out clean (just a little wet).
- Let the casserole sit for about 5 minutes, then cut into pieces and serve.
We at GetPaleo were inspired in part or in whole for this recipe from here.